Treating Ankle & Foot Pain at Osteopathy Bern
Ankle & Foot Pain
Ankle Pain is very common and often caused by injuries to the foot and ankle, leading to muscle strains, ligamentous sprains and fractures. Ankle sprains account for one of the most common musculoskeletal injuries in general. People who have hypermobile joints or twisted their ankle previously are more prone to ankle sprains than others.
Did you know that approximately 1 million ankle injuries occur each year and about 85% of them are sprains? They can occur during competitive sports or during routine daily activities such as walking.
Some common causes of Ankle & Foot Pain
- Muscle strain or ligament sprain
- Fractures of the ankle due to an injury
- Incorrect footwear e.g. tight shoes
- Discs injuries causing pain and sensory disturbances in the feet
- Genetic predispositions e.g. for hallux valgus/bunion (the big toe turning outwards)
- Plantar fasciitis (inflammation of connective tissue at the bottom/sole of the feet)
- Underlying conditions
How Osteopathie Bern helps Ankle & Foot Pain
At Osteopathy Bern our first goal is to help you gain a better understanding of your symptoms in order to come up with an individual treatment plan for you. We use a variety of manual techniques to soften affected soft tissues (muscles, tendons, connective tissue) and we aim to help you maintain mobility by mobilising affected joints and surrounding structures. Furthermore, life style advice will be given so that you know some tools for how to cope in daily life.
get in touch
Contact Osteopathie Bern
Please fill out the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Or you can visit us, call us or send us an email.