Treating Jaw Related Issues at Osteopathy Bern
What is Jaw Pain?
Jaw Pain is pain around the jaw joints, neck, shoulder and ear region as a result of an imbalance of structures related to the jaw joint(s). More severe causes such as a disc disc discplacement or direct injuries can cause severe pain, which should be seen by a dentist, orthodontist or GP first.
Other, more common causes are the soft tissue structures including muscles and fascial structures around the jaw joint. When these are under tension, e.g. when we clench our teeth at night or when under stress or concentration, jaw pain, headaches and tinnitus can be the consequence.
Some common Symptoms of Jaw Pain
Jaw Pain most commonly presents with one or more of the following symptoms:
- Pain in the area of the jaw joints, chewing muscles, neck or shoulder region
- Your jaw joint cracks or grinds
- Your mouth does not open easily
- Possibly suffering from tinnitus and/or migraines
- Headaches especially at the temples
- Pain that extends to the ear
How Osteopathie Bern helps Jaw Pain
get in touch
Contact Osteopathie Bern
Please fill out the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Or you can visit us, call us or send us an email.