Treating Digestive Complaints at Osteopathy Bern
Did you know that about 15% of the popultation of western countries such as Switzerland suffer from Constipation? It affects women more than men, especially during and after pregnancy and menopause.
What Are digestive Disturbances?
Digestive disturbances range from reflux to heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, bloatedness, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. As there is a huge range of possible underlying causes and pathologies, please consult your GP before making an osteopathic appointment for digestive issues.
Some common Causes of Digestive Disturbances
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Allergies and Intolerances
- Certain medications
- Underlying metabolic and inflammatory pathologies
- Eating habits (too low or too high in fibre eg)
- Resisting the urge to have a bowel movement (e.g. because of haemorrhoids)
How Osteopathie Bern helps Digestive Disturbances
- Improving local drainage and circulation in order to help the natural bowel movement, e.g. by working on the diaphragm
- Working on surrounding tissues to release tensions affecting the abdomen
- Working on the diaphragm to help the body‘s natural circulatory pumping mechanism
- Releasing tension in areas such as the pelvis and lower back that might have become tense and uncomfortable as a result of contistpation or bloatedness for instance (e.g. the pelvis and back)
get in touch
Contact Osteopathie Bern
Please fill out the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Or you can visit us, call us or send us an email.