Treatment of digestive problems at Osteopathy Bern
Did you know that about 15% of the population in Western countries like Switzerland suffer from constipation? Women are more affected than men, especially during and after pregnancy and menopause.
What are digestive disorders?
Digestive disorders range from reflux to heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. Because there is a wide range of possible causes and pathologies, you should consult your primary care physician before making an osteopathic appointment for digestive problems.
Common causes of indigestion
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Allergies and intolerances
- Certain medications
- underlying metabolic and inflammatory diseases
- Eating habits (e.g. too little or too much dietary fiber)
- Resisting the urge to defecate (e.g. due to hemorrhoids).
How Osteopathy Bern helps with digestive problems
- Improve local drainage and circulation to support natural bowel movement, e.g., by working on the diaphragm
- Work on the surrounding tissues to relieve tension in the abdominal cavity
- Work on the diaphragm to support the body’s natural pumping mechanism
- Relieving tension in areas such as the pelvis and lower back that have become tense and unangenehm geworden sind (z. B. Becken und Rücken)
Contact Osteopathy Bern
Please fill out the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also call us or contact us by e-mail.